Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Wenovating Wednesday!


Well ladies you proabably don't know this about me but I love to do anything crafty,  I can paint Oil, and acrylic, sew, knit, crochet, scrapbook and just about anything else it is so relaxing. Well I have been reading some DIY blogs and so I got really inspired the other day.

We had a kitchen table but it only had three chairs and we didn't have a dining table so since we all didn't fit around it we always ate in the living room. I really wanted us to be able to sit around the table but wasn't really sure how we were going to make that happen. Well my great aunt called a few weeks ago they are getting quite a bit older and having to downsize there oh so huge amount of stuff to move into an apartment and she wondered if we could use the table and chairs. I was so excited and insantly said yes. Well let me tell you ladies I am so very grateful for the table even though it is kind of 80's looking and deffinantly not our taste. I having been trying to think what I was going to do to fix that. So I have some pictures for you. I recovered the cushions and painted the chairs (well only one is done so far) brown. I am very happy I think they look great! I hope this can inspire you to make something old look new and give it a new home!


This is the original chair it is cream and gold with this fabric which I have no idea how to describe!
Here I am taking the fabric off the bottom this was a chore but now I have a pattern. You can see a sneak peak at my new fabric choice to the right!
Here is my new Chair painted recovered and put back together!

Here they are side by side so you can see the difference. I think it looks pretty good and it deffinantly looks better than before.
I have much to do to be finished with this but this is all for now I have to clean house today!

1 comment:

  1. That's an AMAZING transformation--good job! Preschool activities should be in the mail no later than Friday :( I keep forgetting to tell my hubby to grab the packing material I need to get it out to you!

    ReplyDelete